A dental emergency can be defined as any dental problem that calls for immediate treatment to stop tissue bleeding, alleviate severe pain or to save a tooth. Severe infection or abscesses need to be dealt with immediately, as they can be life-threatening. If you have the following symptoms, you may have a dental emergency:
- Do you have severe pain in your mouth?
- Are you bleeding from the mouth?
- Are any of your teeth loose?
- Is your mouth or facial area swollen?
- Do you have any swelling or bulges on your gums?
- Have you been hit in the mouth or face?
If you have any of these symptoms you may have a dental emergency and it is important to call us immediately. Please be descriptive with your symptoms so we can address the issue promptly.